Friday, April 9, 2010

Awkward 1. Evil 0.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for awkward women to do nothing.

That's why I told the lady on the bus that there was a mint in her hair.

On the way home last night, the man sitting to my left unexpectedly sneezed, launching a half chewed mint into a nearby lady's hair. Then, right, he glared at me as if to say "Don't say anything!"... It was a dilly of a pickle. After a lot of thought and a little bit of laughter, I decided to risk the man's ire, and tell her.

Everyone who bore witness to this scene felt just a little bit awkward. I think it was worth it, though.That lady needed to know about the partially savoured smint nestled in her perm. Am I a hero? Perhaps. Have I changed the world? Maybe a little. Did I get off the bus three stops early due to embarrassment? You bet I did.

No comments: