Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Just nod and smile

The land of Nod (land/uhv/nod) noun 
A mythical land of sleep

The thing is, I haven't slept properly for about a month. I can't do it. I have tried and failed. It's not a barrel of laughs.

Last night, I made pumpkin burritos for a late dinner. It was delicious but it really didn't help me out, sleep-wise. In fact, it resulted in a series of 40-minute nightmares interrupted by feaverish panics about a friend of mine... being eaten by giant pigeons. 



I don't blame the Burrito. No one else who ate them had nightmares. In fact, I think you should try the recipe out - Link to recipe I wrote.

But now I am drinking ice cold water and slapping my face so that I don't nod off, at my desk. I am also emitting high pitched squeals when I see pigeons, as the people at my bus stop will atest to.

Apart from that, everything's normal.

1 comment:

Jason de Plater said...

The french are the cause of your nightmares.